Cabling Design by Certified RCDDs
Strategic Connections employs full-time RCDD engineers (Registered Communications Distribution Designers), a credential issued by BICSI (Building Industry Consulting Service International). This certification guarantees that your structured cabling design will be done by the absolute best in the business.
The Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD®) credential is awarded to individuals who have demonstrated knowledge in the design, integration, and implementation of telecommunications and data communications transport systems and related infrastructure. The RCDD credential is achieved by passing a comprehensive exam based on BICSI’s world-renowned Telecommunications Distribution Methods Manual (TDMM). RCDDs must meet stringent continuing education requirements and continually increase their knowledge through frequent interaction with others in the information transport systems (ITS) community. An RCDD is uniquely positioned to create the detailed cabling design of new systems and/or the integration of a design into an existing system. The RCDD credential is globally recognized within the ITS industry.
An RCDD is a cabling professional who has attained the status of exceptional excellence in the field. The RCDD designation is recognized industry-wide as indicating superior cabling design expertise. Those holding the professional RCDD designation include architects, electrical engineers, telecommunications consultants, interior designers, telco personnel (from both the regulated and the de-regulated sectors), data network designers, and many other industry specialists.
Whether you are a contractor, an architect or a facility owner, having an RCDD on staff offers you professional advantages:
- RCDD staffing is required or requested by many private and governmental organizations as part of the bidding criteria.
- The RCDD is independently tested, demonstrating a thorough knowledge of codes and standards/best practices in the ITS industry. An uncertified designer may not possess this expertise.
- The RCDD has received instruction in both design and project management. You get a designer and a project manager in one employee.
Trust the proven knowledge of a BICSI RCDD—an individual who has trained and tested to the highest degree of telecommunications design knowledge known in the industry.
BICSI is a professional association supporting the information technology systems (ITS) industry. ITS covers the spectrum of voice, data, electronic safety & security, project management, and audio & video technologies. It encompasses the design, project management and installation of pathways, spaces, optical fiber- and copper-based distribution systems, wireless-based systems and infrastructure that supports the transportation of information and associated signaling between and among communications and information gathering devices.
What You Should Know About RCDDs
- RCDDs distinguish themselves from the competition with their globally-recognized credential.
- RCDDs assist in providing flexible, scalable, future- ready transport systems.
- RCDDs participate in an ongoing education program designed to accommodate new and emerging technologies.
- End users/architects/general contractors request RCDDs at the conceptual/design stage.
- RCDDs seek to add value to end users/building owners to leverage their infrastructure assets and maximize their return on investment (ROI).
- RCDDs have regular access to a network of ITS professionals, subject matter experts (SMEs) and global resources.
- RCDDs provide project management services for a proper design, seeking to provide a more reliable infrastructure installation.
- RCDDs assess their customers’ present and future needs and facilitate other appropriate telecommunications specialties/services.
- RCDDs coordinate with appropriate building disciplines (i.e., electrical and mechanical).
- RCDDs are tested on their ability to apply best practices in a global industry.
What’s the Benefit of a RCDD for Cabling Design?
Every RCDD has successfully completed and passed an extensive exam on the fundamentals of telecommunications distribution design. All RCDDs have a minimum of two years* of distribution design experience.
BICSI-credentialed ITS professionals must keep their knowledge current to maintain their designations. RCDDs are required to renew their credential every three years by earning 45 hours of continuing education and attending at least one BICSI conference. There they share knowledge and experiences with their industry peers and learn about industry updates. Continuing education can also be obtained by attending BICSI or industry-related courses that focus on the latest techniques in telecommunications cabling design.
Formerly tested on their working knowledge of industry codes and standards applicable in their region, RCDDs are now tested on the importance of local and international codes and best practices. By gaining knowledge of standards, codes and proper design practices, RCDDs have developed the ability to comprehend the entire scope of a project.
RCDDs study safety procedures and practices including personal protective equipment, hazardous environments and electrical earthing (grounding and bonding). This level of training far exceeds what is presented in many local and regional codes.
RCDDs have been tested in the proper design of vendor- neutral cabling systems and are not limited by specific product criteria. BICSI credentialing encourages innovation, use of advanced industry techniques and big picture thinking.
Access to Resources
All BICSI-credentialed ITS professionals have access to a steady flow of professional, technical and industry information. BICSI’s requirements for continuous education minimize the impact of ongoing changes, updates, and revisions in ITS standards and practices. In addition, fellow RCDDs worldwide provide a tightly-knit network of professionals to share ideas and exchange new information.
Preparation for the Future
The required continuing education and access to the latest industry information provides RCDDs with accurate knowledge about emerging technologies. This ensures you will receive the best in long-term cabling solutions for your organization.
For your cabling infrastructure to be properly designed, you need to rely on an RCDD.
Contact Us for Cabling Design in Raleigh
At Strategic Connections, we have an experienced team of structured cabling experts on hand to design cabling for businesses, organizations, campuses, and buildings in Raleigh, Winston-Salem, Charlotte, and Myrtle Beach. Contact us today at 800-255-5664 or fill out our contact form to learn more.