The Voice/Data Project Manager will plan and supervise a wide range of projects from start to finish for Enterprise customers. Organize and oversee infrastructure cabling procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. Must be well versed in telecommunications methodologies and procedures and be able to coordinate with internal staff to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills and be willing to present strong verbally. Goal is always to ensure all projects are delivered on time, according to requirements and without exceeding budget. The ideal candidate will need excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, be able to manage competing priorities, provide sound, logical planning of activities, and be a team player. The ideal candidate will have a good overall telecommunication understanding, customer facing and project management experience.
Role and Responsibilities – Primary
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, general contractors, estimators etc. to determine the specifications of the project.
- Read and understand civil, architectural, structural, MEP, and
Telecommunications plans and specifications (Division 27000 and 28000) as
they relate to the structured cabling work
- Proficiency in structured low voltage cabling requirements and building code requirements.
- Confidence communicating with GCs for conflict resolution and strategic solutions.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Plan all project operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Acquire equipment and material and be mindful of stocks to timely handle inadequacies.
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports.
- Read and understand weekly labor reports, project and influence field labor.
- Coordination with material Manufacturers and Representatives
- Depth of knowledge with a wide variety of cabling materials and methods of
- Awareness of NEC Code, local code(s), and EIA/TIA/BICSI Standards
- Ability to present in a professional manner and represent the company image
- Build long term customer relationships by consistently meeting
expectations and offering innovative solutions.
- Management/control of bid documents
- Overseeing the design, installation, and implementation of
Information Technology Low Voltage Cabling Systems. Typical systems are Paging, sound masking,
Intercom, CATV, CCTV, Local Area Network, Wireless, Telephone, and Fiber Optic cabling
- Structured Cabling planning and implementation
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience: Required
- Excellent Working Knowledge of Microsoft Business Applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communications skills (verbal and written)
- Proven experience as construction project manager
- In-depth understanding of project procedures, material, and project management principles
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
Apply for this Strategic Connections position
Thank you in advance for taking the time to complete the information below. Required fields show an asterisk.*